This is one of those cakes that we repeat monthly at home. A whole wheat pumpkin sponge cake with raisins and nuts perfect for breakfast, to serve as a dessert at lunch or to enjoy as a snack. A sponge cake of those that always likes to try.
The pumpkin gives this cake a sweet touch that allows us dispensing with or reducing the amount of sugar. In this case we have not dispensed with it but we have replaced it with honey, adding two to three tablespoons to this cake. Try two, you always have time to sweeten it more next time.
Doing so will be very easy for you. It is one of those cakes in which you just have to worry about measure the amounts and mix the ingredients. At home we like to add raisins and nuts so that the cut and the bite are more interesting, but you could also add Chocolate chips.
- 300 g. roasted pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 50 ml. almond drink (or other)
- 25 ml. Of olive oil
- 180 g. whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of ginger
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 handful of nuts
- We preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- We mash the pumpkin with a fork in a bowl.
- We add the eggs, the honey, the almond drink, the olive oil and mix well. If you want you can put the mixer a little.
- In another bowl we mix the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Then we incorporate these ingredients to the wet ones, performing enveloping movements.
- Finally, we add the raisins and the nuts and mix.
- We pour the mixture into a mold Lined with greaseproof paper or greased and bake for 50 minutes at 180ºC or until done.
- We remove the whole pumpkin sponge cake from the oven, let it warm for 10 minutes and unmold on a rack so that it finishes cooling down.