The chanterelle is an edible mushroom that is found near holm oaks or oaks and that takes different names depending on the geographical area. Characterized by its bright color, it is an excellent ingredient to prepare stews, casseroles and sauces. And if you also have rice like this rice with chanterelles.
Chanterelle season in Spain it is in spring and autumn. You can find them currently on the market at relatively reasonable prices. You will not need many to prepare this rice for four people; with half a kilo you will have more than enough.
In this rice you must be generous with the amount of mushrooms. In addition, by now all of you will have checked on more than one occasion how the mushrooms dwindle once cooked. They stay in na, what my mother would say. The rest of the ingredients of this rice are very simple: onion, leek, red pepper and tomato. Shall we start to prepare it?
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cebolla great
- 2 leeks
- ½ red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 400 g. chanterelles
- 2 cups of rice
- 2-3 tablespoons of crushed tomato
- A pinch of food coloring (optional)
- 6 cups of boiling chicken broth
- Chop the onion, leek and pepper, finely chopped and the fry with a pinch of salt and pepper in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of oil for 10 minutes.
- Then add the chanterelles and fry for a couple of minutes before adding the rice.
- We give the rice a few laps and immediately after we add the tomato, the food coloring and the boiling chicken broth and mix.
- We put the lid and cook 6 minutes over medium high heat. Then, we lower the heat while keeping the boil and cook uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- After 10 minutes we put out the fire, We remove the casserole from it and cover the rice with a cloth so that it rests for 5 minutes.
- We serve the rice with chanterelles freshly made. If you have any leftovers, you can keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two days.