I love the savory cakes. They can be prepared in advance and served both hot and cold as a starter or main course. This leek and bacon cake that we prepare today is especially simple. As you will see, there is no way it can go wrong.
El leek bacon cake requires frying the leek and bacon as a previous step; something that will not take you more than 15 minutes. The more you cook the bacon, the more pronounced its flavor will be on the cake. From there it will be the oven that will do most of the work; you just have to wait to unmold.
- 4 large leeks
- 200 g. bacon in strips
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml. milk
- 200 ml. cream
- 100 g. grated cheese
- Sal Island
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- We preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- We chop the white part of the leeks and fry it with a drizzle of oil in the pan until lightly browned and soft. Once done, we remove the leek with a slotted spoon and place it on a colander to drain the excess oil.
- Then in the same oil, we fry the bacon. We drain it and reserve it.
- In a large bowl we beat the eggs with milk, cream and half of the cheese.
- Add the leek and the bacon and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- We pour the mixture into a previously greased mold and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- We take to the oven and cook 45 min. at 190ºC or until set. If we see that the surface browns too much during the process, we cover it with aluminum foil.