Today, Sunday, we indulge ourselves in Cooking Recipes with these whole spelled flour muffins. Simple but perfect muffins to brighten up breakfast or coffee in the middle of the afternoon and to which you can give different aromas according to your tastes.
At home we have used orange zest to flavor them, but you could use lemon zest and / or add a little vanilla essence. It is a matter of trying and finding what you like the most. The base of these muffins is very simple so you can play with these extras.
And yes, you can also incorporate them Chocolate chips. For me they are also irresistible with chips but sometimes I like to go back to the basics, to the classic. Do you dare to try these whole spelled flour muffins? Let us know if you do!
- 170 g. whole spelled flour
- 8 g. chemical yeast
- 2 eggs L
- 150 g. panela
- 80 g. Of olive oil
- 125 g. milk
- Peel of an orange
- White sugar for dusting
- We mix the yeast and the flour in a bowl.
- In other, we beat the eggs with the panela until the mixture foams and begs for its volume.
- Then we add the olive oil in thread while we continue to beat.
- Once the oil is integrated, we add the milk and the orange zest and beat again for a few seconds.
- We incorporate the flour mixture and yeast sifted into the mixture little by little, making enveloping movements with a spatula until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- Once done, we cover the bowl with plastic wrap and Let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After time we take the dough out of the fridge and stir it lightly with a spatula. We preheat the oven to 200ºC and we place paper capsules on the metal muffin tray.
- Then we fill the molds up to three-quarters of its capacity and sprinkle sugar on top.
- To finish Bake the muffins for 15 minutes spelled flour or until we see that they are golden brown.
- Once out of the oven we let them rest for 5 minutes before unmold them on a wire rack so that they finish cooling down.