Today I share with you one of those spoon dishes that are so appreciated when temperatures drop, as has happened in the north this week. Nails white beans with cauliflower and spinach that tone the body from the first spoonful and become a wonderful unique dish with which to complete your weekly menu.
These beans provide you with a very complete dish. In addition to the legume I have added to this dish a significant amount of vegetables. I have chosen in this case spinach and cauliflower that are in season, but you could replace the second with romanesco, another piece that we can enjoy at this time of year.
Prepare these white beans with cauliflower will be very easy. You will only need one quick cooker to cook the beans and a casserole to prepare the sauce. You can also prepare them with canned cooked beans, everything will depend on the time you have to cook. Do you dare to do them?
- 200 g. white beans soaked 24 hours
- Carrots 2
- ½ large cauliflower
- ½ onion
- 3 leeks
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the beans in a fast pot with carrots and a pinch of salt for about 20 minutes. Then we remove the pot from the heat and let the pressure disappear to be able to open the pot.
- We take the time to cook the cauliflower in florets for about four minutes; more if you like it very tender.
- We also prepare the base. To do this, we heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and sauté the chopped onion and leek and seasoned for 10 minutes.
- Once we can open the pot, we crush in the blender glass two ladles of the cooking broth, the carrots, the tomato paste and ⅓ of the cooked cauliflower. We add this mixture to the casserole and mix.
- Then we add the beans, the spinach, the remaining cauliflower and a little more of the cooking broth, if necessary, and bring to a boil to cook the whole for three or four minutes.
- We serve the white beans with cauliflower and spinach hot.