East salmon with baked zucchini sticks and brown rice is a very healthy proposal that can be prepared at any time of the year, although the ideal is to do it at this time of year, taking advantage of the zucchini season. It is a very simple recipe, not fast.
Brown rice is the one that marks the times in this recipe. And it is that in the time it takes to cook this you can prepare the rest of the ingredients: the grilled salmon and the zucchini sticks with cheese baked You will be entertained for a little while but the result will be worth it, I assure you.
The rice is a simple rice, so to give it flavor I have cooked in vegetable broth and added some spice. You can do the same or cook it to your liking, with your own seasonings. Do you like brown rice? Then you can substitute it for a white variety. Shall we start cooking?
- 2 slices of salmon
- 2 slices of lemon
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Vegetables soup
- Sal Island
- 1 Zucchini
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated or powdered cheese
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
- We cook the rice integral in vegetable broth with a pinch of salt and another of black pepper, following the manufacturer's instructions. In my case, and since the water boiled, I had to cook it for between 35 and 40 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, preheat the oven to 210ºC and We cut the zucchini sticks. The thickness of these should not exceed a centimeter thick if you want these to be done well.
- Once cut, put the oil in a bowl, add the sticks and mix so that they are well impregnated.
- Then in a bag we mix the breadcrumbs, the cheese, and the garlic powder and dried oregano to taste. Put the zucchini sticks in the bag and shake it so that they are coated.
- Place the sticks on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and we bake about 20 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Then, we take them out of the oven and reserve.
- Last We prepare the grilled salmon.
- Now that we have all the ingredients ready We mount the plate. To do this we place two slices of lemon on each plate and on these a slice of salmon. Next to it are some zucchini sticks and a few tablespoons of brown rice.
- We enjoyed the salmon with baked zucchini sticks and hot brown rice.