The recipe that I propose today is a great accompaniment to different snacks and starters. A artichoke, avocado and spinach dip with a beautiful green color in which you can spread anything from nachos to croquettes. You can serve it together with other basic tomato or mayonnaise sauces and each one can choose!
If you are preparing a snack or dinner with friends, this dip is a fantastic alternative to more traditional preparations such as mayonnaise, guacamole or salsa brava. It is also a very healthy and light made from vegetables and fruits and with the distinctive touch of extra virgin olive oil. Do you dare to try it?
- 1 large or 2 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups spinach
- ½ cup canned cooked artichokes (drained)
- We cut the avocado in half, remove the bone and remove the meat. We place it in the glass of a food processor.
- We add the juice lemon, olive oil, minced garlic and season.
- We shred everything until a smooth cream is achieved.
- Add the spinach and the artichokes and we process again until they are fully integrated.
- We test and correct the amount of salt or lemon juice if necessary.
- Place the artichoke dip in a bowl to serve it immediately or store it in an airtight jar in the fridge.