Yogurt and lemon sponge cake, a classic among sponge cakes, simple and very rich. This recipe is one of the easiest to make since with the glass of yogurt we will use it as a measure to put the ingredients of the cake.
Lemon is ideal for desserts, the acid touch gives a very good flavor. In the cakes the flavor is that it is soft, but apart from the lemon yogurt you can add the zest of a lemon, this will enhance the flavor of the yogurt and lemon cake.
To make the cake, the measure of the glasses will be that of the yogurt.
- 1 lemon yogurt
- Lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 3 glasses of flour
- 2 glasses of sugar
- 1 glass of sunflower oil
- 1 sachet of backing powder
- butter to spread the mold
- To prepare the yogurt and lemon cake, we first prepare the ingredients. They must be at room temperature, so we will have them prepared about 15 minutes before.
- We take the lemon yogurt out of the glass, wash it and use it for measurements.
- We turn the oven to 180ºC with heat up and down.
- In a bowl we put the eggs and the sugar we mix with some rods.
- We add the yogurt and the lemon zest. We mix.
- We add the oil, mix well.
- To add the flour, first we sift it together with the yeast envelope.
- We are adding it little by little and mixing, like this, until all the flour is well integrated.
- We spread a mold of butter and a little flour, incorporate all the cake batter and put in the oven in the central part.
- We will leave it for about 40 minutes, it may vary depending on the oven. When we see that it is, we will prick it with a toothpick, if it comes out dry it will be ready if we do not leave it a little longer until it is ready.