At home we get a lot of zucchini in season. We prepare with this creams, savory tarts and snacks like the one I propose today: baked zucchini sticks. A very simple recipe to eat zucchini in another way accompanied by your favorite sauce.
What sauce would you like to accompany these zucchini sticks with? both one homemade tomato sauce such as a yogurt sauce with garlic and lemon fit perfectly in this recipe, but surely you can think of another to complete this proposal.
Flour, breadcrumbs, cheese and spices are the key to cooking these sticks. Garlic, oregano, paprika and curry are my favorites, but you can adapt the recipe to those that you like the most or have in your pantry. The important thing here is that you try them and discover a fantastic accompaniment for meat and fish.
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of cheese powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- We preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- We cut the zucchini in canes of 1 centimeter thick, approximately.
- We beat the egg in a bowl and in another we mix the rest of the ingredients to prepare the batter.
- Once done, pass the sticks by egg first and for the mix afterwards.
- As we do, the put on a tray oven.
- We finally got them baked for 15-20 minutes.
- We serve the zucchini sticks hot with our favorite sauce.