We are going to prepare some steamed vegetables, a healthy dish the vegetables are very good and as a first course or side it is a great dish.
Prepare steamed vegetables is simple, light and healthyWe also take advantage of all its nutrients and preserve all its flavor. Steam cooking is simple and no oil is added, which makes the vegetables light and fat-free.
If we make several vegetables, we have to be careful to cut them into similar pieces, since some will take longer than others, some will even have to be put in a few minutes before they are the same or be careful to remove the ones that are cooked.
- Assorted vegetables:
- Green beans
- The first thing to steam vegetables is to clean the vegetables. We wash the carrots, peel and cut them into not very fat slices since it is hard, so it is better not to be too thick.
- We cut the small sprigs of the broccoli, wash under the tap, set aside.
- With cauliflower we do the same as with broccoli.
- We clean the green beans, wash them, cut into pieces.
- We can wash the zucchini and leave the skin or peel it, we cut it into slices.
- If you have a steamer, we will put all the vegetables and cook them.
- If you do not have a steamer, we take a pot and add a little water, we introduce a basket to boil the vegetables. The basket and the vegetables must not touch the water. A strainer with one foot also works. We cover the casserole and let it cook until the vegetables are cooked. About 15 minutes.
- We will see if any are cooked before and we take them out.
- Once all the vegetables are there, we transfer them to a platter and serve.