sponge cake with plums, a rich, simple and very juicy cake. Delicious for breakfast or a snack, very complete with fruit and nuts.
Plums give a lot of flavor and a rich touch to biscuits, they have many properties including fiber. You can put the plums that you like, we can find them red, green, yellow, but I like the reddest or purple ones much more and if they have a touch of acidity, they look luxurious with the contrast of the sweetness of the sponge cake.
sponge cake with plums
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2-3 plums
- 250 gr. Of flour
- 250 gr. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 packets of soft drinks or a packet of yeast
- 250 ml. cream for cooking or heavy cream
- Lemon zest
- Sugar glass
- To prepare the sponge cake with plums we will heat the oven to 180ºC with heat up and down.
- In a bowl we will put the cream, we beat the cream without mounting it, we add the sugar and we continue mounting. Followed we will be adding the eggs one by one and beating to mix everything. Then grate the lemon peel and add it to the cream, mix.
- On the other hand, mix the soda envelopes with the flour.
- We sift the flour that we have mixed with the sodas or yeast, we will add it little by little to the dough and mix well.
- Grease a removable mold with a little butter.
- Wash the plums, cut them into quarters, removing the bone. Pour all the cake batter into the mold, put the plums on top.
- You can put pieces of plums inside the cake.
- We put the cake in the oven, we will have it about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold and let cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle the cake with icing sugar and serve.
Be the first to comment