Taking advantage of the fact that the last days it has rained and it has cooled in the north, I propose a very simple recipe that we usually resort to during the coldest months of the year: spicy potatoes with chorizo. As lovers of stews, I cannot stop proposing this, one of the simplest that we prepare at home.
Potatoes, chorizo and few other things in this stew. That does not mean that you cannot incorporate other ingredients to it to make it more complete. Some diced chicken, tofu, or tempeh would fit perfectly into the equation. And as an accompaniment, nothing like a green salad.
40 minutes, you will not need more to have this stew ready. My advice is that once you get down to it, make enough to fix the meal on two alternate days. What you will not be able to do with this stew is to freeze it and is that as we have spoken other times the potato does not respond well to this process.
- 2-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onions
- 2 green peppers
- ½ red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 12 slices of spicy chorizo
- 4 potatoes
- ½ teaspoon hot (or sweet) paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chorizo pepper meat
- Vegetables soup
- Chop the onion and peppers and fry them in a saucepan with a few tablespoons of oil for 10 minutes.
- Then add the chorizo, the peeled and clicked potatoes and season. Sauté for a couple of minutes without stopping stirring until the chorizo releases part of its fat.
- Next, we add the paprika, the chorizo pepper meat and we cover with vegetable broth.
- We cover the casserole and Cook the whole for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- We enjoyed the spicy, hot potatoes with chorizo.