Tired of always preparing pasta the same way? Here you have a new recipe with which to vary your menus: Spaghetti with garlic prawns. A recipe with a sea flavor that will take us a long time in the kitchen and that I can guarantee you will be very tasty.
In addition to taking advantage of the heads and shells of the prawns to make a light sauce, the recipe also incorporates cayenne chillies to give it a spicy point. Personally I love it because it is subtle, but you can do without it if you are friends with spicy. Do you dare to try it?
- 190 gr. spaghetti
- 350 gr. of prawns
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cayenne chillies
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- Olive oil
- We peel the prawns and put both the heads and the skins in a saucepan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Cook over medium heat while we crush heads of the prawns with a slotted spoon so that they release all their juice.
- When the shells are pink, we incorporate the brandy and we let it shrink almost completely.
- Then, we add a glass of water, cover and cook for 15 minutes. We strain the skins and heads to obtain a concentrated prawn broth that we reserve.
- We cook the spaghetti in a saucepan with water and salt, following the manufacturer's instructions. Once done, drain and reserve.
- While the pasta is cooking, we mince the garlic finely and the chilli and we reserve.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. We add the prawns and when they are pink and slightly golden, we take them out.
- We add one or two more tablespoons of oil to the pan and sauté the minced garlic and the chilli. When the garlic begins to take color, add half the prawn broth and the chopped fresh parsley, and raise the heat to bring the sauce to a boil and reduce.
- We incorporate the spaghetti to the pan and mix so that they are well impregnated with the sauce. If necessary, add a little more broth so that they do not dry out.
- Before serving, we add the prawns.