After an intense Christmas in terms of food and celebrations, it is time to return to the routine of the simple. To those day-to-day recipes that we enjoy for their simplicity and that it takes us so little effort to make. Fast and cheap, what more could you ask for?
Rice with onion and peppers is one of those recipes. A very tasty dish made with simple ingredients that are common in our pantry. Chopping the vegetables and sautéing them over low heat before adding the rice is the only secret of this rice ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 cebolla
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 2 cups of rice
- Olive Oil
- 4½ glasses of water
- Sal Island
- 1 spoonful of fried tomato
- Chop the onion and pepper and sauté them in a low saucepan with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- When they are tender and slightly golden, we add the tomato sauce and we give a few turns to incorporate it.
- Next, we add the rice. Sauté it over medium-high heat for a few minutes and cover it with water.
- We let the rice cook and if necessary we add more water during the process.
- Once the rice is tender, remove it from the heat, cover it with a cloth and let it rest for a few minutes.
- We serve hot.
If at this point you see that you have rice left over, take advantage of it and use it to make some delicious Rice cakes.