Today I invite you to prepare a quick and easy chickpea dish. A recipe that you can have ready in 20 minutes and that will become a great resource to complete your weekly menus without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Quick chickpeas with mushrooms and carrots, I have named this fantastic dish.
To be able to prepare this chickpea dish more quickly I have used canned chickpeas, but if you are not worried about time you can cook them in a traditional way or in a quick pot. As you will see in the step by step I have washed the canned chickpeas before adding them to remove the excess salt, but it is not something you have to do.
What you will have to do to make this dish gain flavor is to prepare a good stir-fry with onion, pepper and tomato. You can use natural tomato or to be faster, bet on canned crushed tomato or even fried tomato. Yourselves! Shall we start?
- 1 pot of cooked chickpeas
- Carrots 2
- 1 cebolla
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 280 g. mushroom
- 1 glass of crushed tomato
- ½ glass of water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We peel the carrots and cook them in a saucepan with water or microwave.
- Meanwhile, we chop the onion and the peppers. Once chopped, the sauté in a casserole with two tablespoons of oil for 8-10 minutes.
- Once they have taken color, we incorporate the chopped mushrooms and sauté a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Then we add the tomato, the paprika, half a glass of water and season to taste. Mix and cook a couple more minutes over medium heat.
- Last add the chopped cooked carrots and washed chickpeas. Mix and let the whole boil for a few minutes so that the flavors finish melting.
- We serve the quick chickpeas with hot mushrooms and carrots.