All the cookies that have chocolate are tempting to me, so I couldn't resist making these that also include a curious ingredient in their dough, such as powdered milk. That's why I named them powdered milk biscuits with chocolate chips, to differentiate them from others of their kind.
Making them is simple but much easier to eat them. Freshly made they are very crispy, irresistible! From one day to the next they lose some of that crunch, but they are still a good bite. I certainly wouldn't turn down one. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy them in a day or two!
Will you dare to do them? The only unusual ingredient here is powdered milk but you shouldn't have any trouble finding it, put it on your shopping list! The rest is very likely that you already have them in your pantry. Shall we get down to business?
- 350 g. all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 g. of sugar
- 160 g. brown sugar
- 225 g. softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12-ounce bag (about 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl we mix the flour, powdered milk, salt and baking soda.
- now in a big bowl we beat the white sugar, brown sugar and softened butter until well integrated.
- Then add the two eggs and vanilla to the previous mixture and beat again until a homogeneous mass is achieved.
- After add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Finally add the chocolate chips and we mix.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and we take to the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Over time, we use ice cream scoops or two spoons to catch small portions of dough that we will place on a tray lined with baking paper at a distance of about 4 centimeters from each other.
- We take the tray to oven preheated to 190ºC and bake until center is puffed and edges begin to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Then we remove the powdered milk cookies with chocolate chips from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.