The variety of green peas They are part of those foods that we tend to forget in our kitchens and, if they appear in them, they do so in a very subtle way (hidden in rice, for example). Today I have decided to go to the rescue of the peas with the help of a recipe that comes to us from France, very easy to do and very economic.
Degree of difficulty: Very easy
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Half kilo of green peas (fresh or frozen, as you prefer. If they are fresh they will take longer to make) *
- 1 onion small
- 3 teeth of Garlic it
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sal Island to taste
- White pepper
- A little bit of sugar
* In my case they were fresh, but I had previously boiled them and stored them in the freezer.
In a saucepan put water with a little shawl and, when it starts to boil, add the green peas. When they are tender, remove them from the heat and put them to drain.
In a pot put the tablespoon of olive oil, add the onion julienned, the garlic cloves cut into slices and let everything simmer. Once the onion is almost transparent, add the green peas, a quarter glass of water, the Pepper, el sugar and leave over medium heat until the sauce reduces (correct for salt if necessary).
And voila, you already have your french peas ready to enjoy.
When serving ...
I have completed the french touch of the recipe serving the peas with a egg poached in the center, but in reality they are traditional garnish of white meat.
- First of all remember that even if you are diet there are foods that you should not eliminate completely. Unless you have a health problem and your doctor tells you otherwise, you can eat eggs in moderation (no more than 3 a week) or olive oil, which is beneficial for health, but also in moderation (2 or 3 tablespoons a day is enough).
- The recipe 100% original y traditional french carry also lettuce cut into strips (boiled next to the peas) and a tablespoon of butter (added just before serving).
- I could suggest adding carrots, broccoli, etc so that the Garrison is more complete, but then I would no longer be talking about the receta tradicional, but of an invention of mine that of course you are free to try if you prefer.
If you are looking for a baby or you are in your first trimester of pregnancy, this recipe can be of great help. The green peas are an important food in these stages due to their high content of folic acid, which improves fertility and helps the fetus to develop.
Bon Appetite! Enjoy the recipe and have a happy Sunday.
2 comments, leave yours
Well, I did not know this little French recipe and that my boy is French! oh how quiet he had it! because they have to be very tasty, I love peas alone like that, as a first course, I love them! a cheers
Well, tell him to let go that in France there is much more than crêps and croissants! Hahaha. Hey, maybe I wanted to surprise you ...:)
Hello mon amour!