At home, we are used to eating peas almost every week. We always prepare them in a similar way with small variations. Why make some changes to the classics peas with ham It helps us not to get bored at the table. And yes, it also contributes to creating simple versions like this of peas with roasted sweet potato and bacon.
Roasted sweet potato it is a perfect accompaniment to peas. It gives this dish a sweet touch that is always attractive to me and that contrasts perfectly with the salty touch of the bacon. We have also added onion, because onion is always a plus.
Do you want to recreate this dish? Doing so will be very easy for you. The ingredient list is small and the thickness of the recipe is prepared in half an hour. While the sweet potato is cooking in the oven, you will have time to get the rest of the ingredients ready. Check it!
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 cup of peas
- 2 thick slices of bacon
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 50 ml. of extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ teaspoon of paprika
- We preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Once done, we mix the oil in a cup, salt and paprika to brush the sweet potato.
- Afterwards, we peel the sweet potato and cut into 2 cm slices. thick that we place on the baking tray, on parchment paper.
- Brush with the mixture that we have prepared the sweet potato slices and bake for 20 minutes or until tender and edges are slightly golden.
- While the sweet potato slices are roasting, in a skillet poach the onion for 15 minutes with two tablespoons of oil.
- At the same time, in a saucepan with water and salt let's cook the peas for 8 minutes or until they have the texture you like.
- Then we incorporate the diced bacon Or you throw them in the pan with the onion and sauté for a couple of minutes. To finish, add the cooked and drained peas, and mix off the heat.
- At this point we will have all the ingredients ready to mount the platter. Place the sweet potato slices in the bottom and on top of them the onion, bacon and peas mixture.
- Finally and before serving the peas with roasted sweet potato and bacon, we add freshly ground pepper