What is an overnight? Until a year ago I could not have answered this question. And not because the answer is not simple. An overnight oatmeal and chia, in this case, is nothing but a porridge but that is left to soak overnight in the fridge. Simple, right?
In other words, a porridge in which instead of cooking oats with milk or vegetable drink on the fire, let them rest cold so that the oats absorb the liquid and soften. And that's how I made the base of this overnight oatmeal and chia with caramelized apple; more for convenience than anything else.
Soaking the oatmeal and the girl with the vegetable drink at night has its advantages. When you get up you just have to heat them, if you want, and add the accompaniment you want. In this case they were Caramel Apples, worse could be pieces of fruit, nuts or chocolate. Do you dare to try them?
- 1 cup of almond drink
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 generous tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 apple, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cinnamon to taste
- A pinch of salt
- We mix in an airtight container oats, chia seeds, vegetable drink, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- We close the container and we let it rest in the fridge at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Also at night or in the morning we prepare the caramelized apple. To do this, we heat a little oil in a pan and mix it with the honey. When the mixture is hot, add the apple pieces and we let them caramelize, turning them over when they are golden on one side. When they are almost done add the cinnamon and a pinch of salt, mix and turn off the heat.
- We heat the oatmeal porridge, Place the apple and hazelnuts on these and serve hot the overnight oatmeal and chia with caramelized apple.