Do you remember when last week we told you that we were not going to throw away anything that we had used to prepare the dark background? Maybe the meat and vegetables used to prepare it they do not have much flavor after feeding it, but that does not prevent us from preparing a delicious stew with these: Old clothes with potatoes and broccoli.
The old clothes It is a dish prepared from leftovers from other meals and that is precisely what we are going to do here. Take the meat and vegetables that we use to prepare the dark background, half a broccoli that we had cooked, some potatoes and turn it into a dish for the whole family by adding a little tomato and some spices.
Both tomato and spices, especially these, are very important to give flavor to this dish. At home we have used a mixture that is used in Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani and other Southeast Asian cuisines: garam masala. Shall we get down to business?
- The meat and vegetable trimmings on the dark background (see recipe)
- 2 potatoes
- Carrots 2
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable or meat broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ cooked broccoli
- We peel the potatoes and carrots. We cut the first into cubes and the second into thick slices.
- We put them in a casserole, salt and pepper and we cover with broth, to cook until almost soft.
- Then, we incorporate the trimmings and vegetables From the dark background, the fried tomato, the garam masala, and the broccoli and cook the whole for 2 more minutes over high heat.
- We serve the old clothes with potatoes and hot broccoli.