At home we have become accustomed to cooking desserts without added sugar or with very little sugar, although we do not give up the classics occasionally. East oatmeal cake with apples and raisins It is one of the last that we have tried. A cake that you can include in your diet, even if you are vegan.
This is not a sponge cake; It is a thick sponge cake. A sponge cake with a minimum amount of sugar, to which apples and raisins add sweetness. Or should, if you choose sweet varieties and ripe pieces. Don't be afraid to include up to two apples if they are not very big!
A cup of breakfast it's all you need to take action. It is not a cake that rises much, but it is large enough for 6 people to enjoy a slice. And it is better that it browns a lot because from the second day saved it hardens. Do you dare to prepare it?
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of panela
- ½ on of chemical yeast
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A handful of raisins
- 1 cup of oatmeal or almond drink
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small, ripe apples
- We preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease or line a mold.
- Then, in a bowl, we mix the dry ingredients: flour, oats, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and raisins. You can do this with a spatula or a spoon.
- Once mixed, we add milk and oil and we mix again until we achieve a homogeneous dough.
- Then Pour the dough into the mold and we place on it the peeled and cut apples, pressing them slightly to introduce them partially into the dough.
- We take to the oven and cook 35 minutes. We check if it is well done and if it is, we turn off the oven and let it rest for 30 hours in the same oven with the door ajar.
- To finish, Unmold the oatmeal cake on a rack and let it cool completely.