Monkfish with prawns, an ideal dish to prepare for any occasion or for a Christmas dinner or lunch. Monkfish is a very nutritious and healthy white fish. A simple dish, quick to prepare and very good.
El monkfish has a firm meat and tastesa, with it we can prepare many dishes. But since these arrive Christmas parties We are going to prepare one more festive but simple and fast dish that we can prepare in advance. A dish to be luxurious.
- 1 large monkfish
- 150 ml. white wine
- 1 glass of fish broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- Oil and salt
- Fish bones
- Parsley, 2-3 garlic cloves
- To prepare the monkfish with prawns, we will prepare a broth with the head and bones of the monkfish and other fish to boil to prepare the fish broth. We will put it with a little parsley, some whole garlic cloves and a handful of salt. We will let it cook for 20 minutes. We booked.
- We peel the prawns, remove the heads and the shell from the body. We put a casserole with a good jet of oil, we add the heads and shells of the prawns. We let them release all the flavor into the oil. We take them out and we can add them to the fish broth.
- In this same casserole with the oil that we have with the prawn juice, we will add a little more oil if necessary, we will add the chopped onion and garlic. We let it cook over medium heat so that the onion is well poached.
- When it is poached, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour, depending on the amount of monkfish. If it is large and you want it to have a good sauce add 2 tablespoons of flour. let it cook for a minute. Add the white wine, let it reduce for 2-3 minutes and add the fish stock, stir and cook for 10 minutes. We taste the salt and leave it to our liking.
- After this time we salt the monkfish pieces and add it to the broth, we leave it for 7-8 minutes. If you like it more, echo you can leave it for more time.
- When the fish is done, add the prawns for a couple of minutes. Chop enough parsley, add it to the pan and turn off.
- And ready to eat!!