We are going to prepare a fish dish, a monkfish with mushrooms, delicious dish with a sauce for dipping bread.
An ideal dish for a holiday, a meal with friends or family.
Monkfish is a fish with white and very fine meatIt has almost no thorns, the one in the center is thick and if we want it can be removed at the fishmonger.
To accompany this dish I have used mushrooms, but it can be served with vegetables, prawns, clams…. The mushrooms can be put whatever you like or those that are in season or dried mushrooms.
- 1 monkfish tail, sliced
- 250-300 gr. of assorted mushrooms
- 1 cebolla
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 glass of fish broth
- 100 gr. Of flour
- Sal Island
- To make monkfish with mushrooms, first we clean the mushrooms, cut them into pieces.
- In a saucepan with a jet of oil, sauté the mushrooms. We take out and reserve.
- In the same casserole, we poach the onion.
- We salt the monkfish, we pass the pieces in flour. In the same casserole where the onion is poached, we will put the pieces of monkfish to brown.
- Chop the garlic and add it.
- Once the onion is poached and let's see that the monkfish pieces are a little golden, we add the tablespoons of tomato, stir, add the white wine. We let the alcohol in the wine reduce for a few minutes.
- Cover the fish with the fish broth, leave it for about 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens and the fish is cooked to taste.
- Add the mushrooms 3-4 minutes before the fish is ready.
- We taste salt, rectify.
- Chop a handful of parsley, pour it over the fish. We turn off.
- Let stand a few minutes and serve.