Do you remember the microwave carrot What did we teach you to prepare recently? Today we will use it again to prepare a light and refreshing starter: Microwave buds with carrots. A simple dish in which we will give our classic carrots another twist.
Salads become perfect starters at this time of year. When the heat hits, there is nothing like the freshness of some buds and some green leaves in combination with others. fruits and vegetables to start the food. In this case, the list of ingredients could not be simpler: buds, carrots, tomatoes, chives and raisins.
Just over eight minutes it will take prepare the carrot in the microwave. Minutes that you can take advantage of, as I have done, to prepare the rest of the ingredients and the dressing. Choose the one you like the most; I just added salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Do you dare to prepare it?
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bud
- 1 ripe tomato
- ½ chives
- A handful of raisins
- 1 knob of butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We peel the carrots and cut them in half, both lengthwise and widthwise. Later we divide each stick in two lengthwise so they take less time to cook.
- We place them in a deep plate or tupper and we add water so that it covers the entire base of the plate or tupper. In my case, a finger of water. Afterwards, we season the carrots and cover the container with plastic wrap to take them to the microwave.
- We cook at maximum power for 5-6 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- While we take advantage of open the bud in two, dice the tomato and chop the chives. We mix these last two and place the mixture on the buds or wherever you prefer.
- Once the carrot sticks are tender, we uncover them, place the butter on them and cook for a minute with the grill function.
- We add to the salad both carrot sticks and raisins.
- To finish we salt and pepper and we water with olive oil the buds with carrots in the microwave.