If you have not yet encouraged to try the tofu this vegetable marinated tofu recipe Steamed is a good choice to do so. Why? Because in this recipe the tofu is marinated with different spices that give it a lot of flavor. And it is that one of the most widespread complaints of those who taste tofu for the first time usually has to do, precisely, with its lack of flavor.
Tofu itself is bland, but there are many ways to cook it that contribute to its flavor. Today I present one of them; a simple marinade that you can easily adapt to your tastes by substituting the spices that I use or part of them with others that you like more.
Tofu is a very interesting vegetable protein and it is very easy to marinate it and present it with steamed vegetables as I propose today. In addition, it will not take you more than 25 minutes to prepare a dish that is very healthy and with which you can complete your meal as dinner. test it!
- 400 g. of tofu
- 300 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (or mix of sweet and hot)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅓ teaspoon of cumin
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Carrots 3
- ½ romanescu
- ½ cauliflower
- In a frying pan we place the water, the spices and the diced tofu. Once done, heat over medium heat, cover and let the tofu cook for 8 minutes. After time, we uncover and cook five more minutes or until the water evaporates.
- Then we pour the oil and sauté for 8 minutes, so that the tofu is browned.
- Finally, add the soy sauce, mix and cook the whole for 2 more minutes.
- At the same time we prepare the tofu, we steam the florets romanescu and cauliflower, as well as carrots, peeled and chopped, until the desired point is achieved.
- We serve the marinated tofu with hot steamed vegetables.