After two days of partying in which most of us have eaten dishes that we do not generally include on our menus, there are those of us who want to get back to the routine. To cook, for example stews like this one from lentils with spicy chorizo and paprika, simple and comforting.
Legume stews are key on my weekly menu. We eat them, generally, two or three days a week, always trying to rotate the type of legume. I always start to prepare them with a good vegetable base And it is that although what has stood out in the title the spicy chorizo for the great flavor that it contributes, the amount of this is very small.
In this stew the important thing is the vegetables: onion, pepper and carrot. And it is important to be generous with these. If you also have leek at home you can add it and they will be spectacular. I encourage you to try this way of doing them; I am sure you will enjoy them.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 Italian green pepper
- ½ red roast pepper
- 6 slices of spicy chorizo
- 4 tablespoons of tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon of hot paprika
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 240 g. lentils
- Chicken soup
- We chop the onion, the peppers and the peeled carrot.
- We put two tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and we fry the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Then add the chopped chorizo and stir until it begins to release its grease.
- Then, add the crushed tomato, the paprika both sweet and spicy, and season. We mix and cook a couple of minutes.
- Then add the lentils and generously top with chicken broth.
- We cover and cook for 18 minutes over medium high heat. Next, we uncover and cook five more minutes over medium heat or until they are done.
- Serve the lentils with hot spicy chorizo and paprika.