Purées are very easy to eat and I love them for dinner. I also love lentils and although I prefer eat them in stews from time to time I do not miss the opportunity to spend them to enjoy a lentil and potato puree like the one I encourage you to cook today.
This lentil and potato puree is full of flavor and I have cooked the lentils with a good vegetable stir-fry to which I have added onion, pepper, leek and carrot, as well as some spices. Thus, this purée becomes a complete dish that charges you with energy.
If you want to go faster you can use canned cooked lentils and cook the potato in the microwave. Thus, it will not take you longer to prepare this puree than you do to fry the vegetables. So that later they say that eating healthy cannot be fast. Will you dare to prepare it?
- 1 cebolla
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 1 leek
- 1 large carrot
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large potato
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chorizo pepper meat
- 220 g. lentils
- Vegetables soup
- Salt and pepper
- We chop the vegetables well; onion, peppers, leek and carrot with skin. Or we crush them lightly.
- Heat a splash of oil in a saucepan and we fry the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Then add the peeled and chopped potato, the fried tomato, the chorizo pepper meat and the lentils and mix.
- Immediately after we pour vegetable broth until the lentils are generously covered, season with salt and pepper and cook for 25 minutes or until the lentils are done. The time will depend on the variety.
- Once the lentils are cooked grind to make the puree of lentils and potato.
- We serve it with a splash of extra virgin olive oil on top.