Sometimes we get too complicated when we have guests. We want to surprise you with something special that we do not always dominate and end up overwhelming us when a problem appears, does it sound like you? Over time, however, one learns to secure the main dishes and this hake in sauce is a guarantee.
To do this hake in sauce It is very simple and very fast, which will leave you time to prepare the rest of the menu or simply enjoy the guests, which is what it is about. The ingredients, in addition, are few and simple. What else can we ask for? That is good, of course.
A good fresh hake will make this dish go up a notch. Of course you can add some pieces of seafood To make it more festive, some mussels or clams, but it is not essential. Betting on a fresh hake the flavor will be good on its own. Prepare some garlic mushrooms as a starter and you will have lunch or dinner ready.
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cebolla
- 7 hake fillets with skin
- Flour to coat the hake
- 1 glass of fish broth
- 1 glass of white wine
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 strands of saffron
- Sal Island
- Chop the onion and poach it with the olive oil in a saucepan for 10 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, season the hake loins and we batter them in flour, removing the excess.
- After 10 minutes, we raised the heat a little to seal the hake loins on both sides. We don't want them done, just sealed.
- Then we pour the fish broth, white wine, tomato, garlic powder, saffron threads and a pinch of parsley, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, uncover it and cook over high heat for 5 minutes so that the sauce reduces.
- We serve the hake in hot sauce.