Soy is a legume with a high protein index, it is very similar to lentilIt has a mild flavor and we can cook it in many ways. It is not a very common legume in our kitchens, but little by little it is becoming known more.
We are going to prepare a green soy stew, in the same way as if we were to prepare some lentils. A plate of legumes with vegetables with a mild flavor and a very similar texture.
- 400 gr. green soybean
- 1 Carrot
- ½ green pepper
- 1 cebolla
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 hoja de laurel
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- First we will put the soy to soak, about 5 hours or what the manufacturer indicates.
- In a saucepan with 2-3 tablespoons of oil, we will put the vegetables, you can chop them or put them whole, we will put the pepper, the onion, 3 peeled garlic, the carrot and the fried tomato, we remove everything, we put the bay leaf and we put We stir the half teaspoon of paprika, add the soybeans and cover it with water, add a little salt and the cumin.
- Let it simmer for about 30 minutes, add water if necessary, taste the salt and rectify, stir carefully so that the soybeans do not break, and when it is ready to cook, turn off.
- If you have put the whole vegetables, we take the carrot, the onion, the pepper and the garlic, we put a little of the broth of the stew and we crush with the blender it will be like a puree, we add this to the casserole of the stew, it will give flavor and the dish it will be thicker and richer.
- We can accompany the dish by tossing some potatoes into small pieces halfway through cooking, so that they are cooked together with the soybeans and served with some strips of cured ham, a more complete dish will remain. You will like.
- A plate ready to eat !!!