Green beans with onion and ham, a simple dish, full of flavor. A healthy and different dish from the classic dish of beans with potatoes.
This dish of beans that I bring you is accompanied by a very poached onion, almost caramelized, although I do not add sugar, but I let it cook enough so that it is well browned, halfway through cooking so as not to put so much oil on it, I add tablespoons of water, it looks good that way and I don't add so much oil.
- 500 gr. of green beans
- 2 -3 onions
- Ham cubes
- To prepare the green beans with onion and ham, we will first clean the beans and cutting the tips, we will remove the strands from the sides. We will put a saucepan with water and we will cook them with a little salt.
- On the other hand we peel and cut the onions. We will put a pan with a good jet of oil, we will add the onion, we will leave it over medium heat until the onion is poached to our liking, if more oil is needed it will be added or a little water to finish caramelizing. At the end you can also add a little sugar.
- When we see that the onion is as we like it, we add the ham in cubes next to the onion, stir.
- Once the beans are there, drain them well and add them to the pan together with the onion and ham.
- We let it cook for 5 minutes all together, we try in case it needs a little salt, although with the ham it will not need a lot of salt.
- And this dish of green beans with onion and ham will be ready.