Do you like to have a light dinner? Do you usually resort to vegetable creams and purees? Today I propose a simple combination that I personally love for dinner. A courgette and potato cream with crumbled hake that also becomes a fantastic alternative for those who cannot eat hard things due to dental problems.
It has no mystery. It is about combining a potato and zucchini cream with a steamed hake, it's that simple! Of course, there are small touches that you can give to make the final result stand out, such as adding a splash of flavored oil when serving it.
The idea is that the amounts of cream and fish are balanced. At home, two pots of purée with a large loin of hake usually serve as a portion. And if there is leftover cream you can always have lunch or dinner the next day. Since when is eating a vegetable cream two days in a row a negative thing?
- ½ large zucchini
- ½ white onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 hake fillets
- A handful of chopped parsley
- In a casserole We prepare the zucchini cream. To do this, we put in it the onion, the zucchini with skin, the potatoes in chunks and a couple of tablespoons of oil.
- Sauté the ingredients for 3 minutes and then add water to almost cover the vegetables. Cover the pan and We cook 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a container, combine 6 tablespoons olive oil with the chopped parsley, a pinch of salt and another of pepper. Mix well and reserve.
- We also take advantage of the cooking time of the puree to steam the hake. To do this, brush the loins with oil first and season with salt later. I have used a silicone steamer to cook it in the microwave, but you can do it however you like.
- Once the cooking time of the cream has passed, we crush it and distribute in four bowls.
- Then we incorporate a shredded hake loin in each one of them.
- And we finish preparing the dish by pouring over a tablespoon of the oil dressing and parsley.