A recipe for thighs of chicken in red wine sauce, a classic of the Spanish CuisineIt is a tender, juicy and inexpensive meat. We can make countless different recipes. You can also make this recipe with other meats such as rabbit or turkey.
It is a simple and very tasty dish. You just have to use a wine that is good and the result of this recipe will be an excellent dish. Accompanied by a cooked rice, potatoes or some vegetables is a complete dish.
- 4 chicken thighs,
- 2 medium onions
- A ½ Kilo can of crushed tomato
- 200 ml. red wine
- A glass of water
- Oil, salt and pepper.
- To accompany:
- Cooked rice, chips, vegetables ...
- We salt and put a little pepper on the chicken, in a saucepan with oil we put the chicken to brown, before it is finished browning completely we add the chopped onion, so that it browns together with the chicken.
- When the onion has taken a little color, add the red wine and let the alcohol evaporate, add the crushed tomato and let it cook for 30-40 minutes, over medium heat, halfway through cooking if we see that the sauce It is very thick, we will add a little water to it.
- We will taste it with salt and leave until the sauce is smooth and the tomato is done and the chicken will be ready.
- It is better if we let it rest for a long time.
- We can accompany it with cooked wild rice, with some fried potatoes that go very well or with cooked vegetables. A very complete dish.