Cauliflower and apple soup, a rich and refreshing cream for summer, ideal as a starter or for a light dinner. A simple and quick cream to prepare. Its preparation is very simple and with basic and simple ingredients that we have at home.
It is also a good cream for the winter, it is very good when it is warm, so we can eat this cream all year round. An ideal cream for the little ones who find it difficult to eat vegetables.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 leek
- 1-2 apples
- 100 ml. cream for cooking
- 1 jet of oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- To make the cauliflower and apple cream, we will start by washing and cutting the cauliflower florets.
- Wash and cut the leek into pieces.
- We peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Heat a saucepan with the cauliflower, leek, potatoes and sliced apples, cover with water, a little salt, cover and leave to cook over medium heat until everything is well cooked, about 25 minutes.
- When everything is well cooked, we transfer the ingredients to a bowl to crush everything, we save the water from cooking the vegetables.
- We will add the water little by little as we need and we will have a cream to our liking.
- We return to put all the cream to the casserole, we heat, we test salt and rectify.
- Add the cream for cooking, stir so that it is well integrated and we are left with a fine and smooth cream.
- Turn off, let the cream cool and put it in the fridge until serving time.
- We serve it with a splash of olive oil.
- We can accompany the cream with pieces of toasted bread, cubes of ham, hard-boiled egg, pieces of apple...