On Halloween the main character is the pumpkin. However, today we will not prepare any dish with this ingredient. We are inspired, yes, in the color of it to prepare this carrot, miso and ginger soup; a great proposal for this time of year.
The carrot, miso and ginger soup is an ideal soup to tone the body during the coldest months of the year. A very aromatic soup that you can present at your next Halloween dinner without fear of being wrong. If you do, you will most likely repeat the experience and bet on this dish again. Tell us if so!
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 pinch of fresh ginger, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 500 ml. vegetable broth
- Yogurt and cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, we fry the carrot, garlic and fresh ginger for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Then we add the miso, ground ginger and broth. We stir and bring to a boil. We cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- With a mixer or a food processor we blend until obtaining a smooth cream.
- We serve with a teaspoon of yogurt and a little chopped cilantro.