I must be one of the few who is not too lazy to turn on the oven in summer. Living up north probably helps. 35 minutes in the oven is all these need caramelized onion, bacon and cheese quiches to set and brown; something more than it will take you to eat them.
These quicés or savory cakes are made with simple ingredients, the kind that we always have on hand. They are also ingredients that normally like; so they are ideal to present in any meal as a starter or dinner. You can make a large one and divide it into portions or use individual tartlets as in this case.
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry salty or breeze
- 2 large onions, julienned
- 6 bacon loaches a little thick, diced
- 1 spoonful of butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 60 g. grated cheese
- 3 XL eggs
- 200 ml. cream for cooking
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- We cut the broken dough in circles slightly larger than the diameter of our tartlets with a fine knife.
- We place them in each tartlet and we press lightly with your fingers to fit the sides. We prick the bases with a fork.
- We put the tartlets on a baking tray, fill them with chickpeas so that they rise, and the bake for 10 minutes in an oven previously preheated to 190ºC. Remove from the oven and set aside
- While we prepare the filling. To do this, we put the butter to heat in the pan. Poach the onion over medium heat for about 15 minutes until tender. Then we add a pinch of thyme, salt and pepper and cover the pan. We cook over low heat until the onion is golden. If you want to speed up the process, add a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- In another pan, we fry the bacon. We reserve it on an absorbent kitchen paper to release the excess fat.
- We divide the onion, bacon and cheese between our tartlets.
- In a bowl, we beat the eggs and cream. season and season with a little nutmeg. We pour the mixture into our tartlets.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until mixture is set and quiches are browned.
- We let it cool partially before serving.
A comment, leave yours
Very delicious these mini quiches. Good combination of ingredients