I don't often make savory tarts, but I find them a great resource, especially when entertaining. I love quiches, but I also really enjoy simpler preparations like this one. aubergine, zucchini and honey puff pastry for which we only need five ingredients.
A commercial puff pastry, a few slices of aubergine and zucchini, a little cheese and a drizzle of honey is all we need to prepare this savory tart. A simple and relatively quick proposal, since it will not take more than half an hour to have it ready on the table.
You can prepare it only with zucchini, only with aubergine or with a mixture of both. Yes indeed, you will have to cook them first, either baked or grilled, since the baking time for puff pastry is short and they might not cook well.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 small eggplant
- ½ zucchini
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- a piece of cheese
- Sal Island
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 beaten egg (to paint the dough)
- We wash and cut the aubergine and courgette in thin slices.
- Then the we cook on a griddle, with a splash of oil and we reserve them as we take them out on an absorbent paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- We cut an inch from each of the four sides of the puff pastry sheet and place it on top of the dough on that same side, sticking the upper strips to the dough with water. The idea is that when baked the edges rise more.
- Then with a knife, we make some shallow cuts using these edges as a guide, as if we were framing the space for the padding.
- Prick the center of the dough with a fork and Brush the dough with a beaten egg.
- Place the aubergine on top of the dough, add the honey and the grated or laminated cheese.
- We take to the oven and cook 10-15 minutes until the puff pastry is hot.
- We serve the eggplant puff pastry. zucchini and tempered honey.