The pizzas that I propose today become a perfect starter or informal dinner for weekend nights. And is that these aubergine pizzas with bacon and mozzarella are simple to prepare and they like almost everyone thanks to their combination of ingredients.
The idea of use aubergine slices as a base of the pizzas seems to me a very original idea. From them you can create a thousand and a few combinations by mixing the ingredients that you like the most. On this occasion I have combined onion, pepper, bacon and mozzarella, so feel free to innovate.
Eggplant pizzas are, in addition to being simple, healthy and an attractive way to present the eggplant for the little ones and youngsters. Choose that if a large eggplant so that the pizza bases are generous and serve as a single serving. Do they attract your attention? Stay tuned for step by step.
- 1 large eggplant
- 5 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- ½ onion
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We start by cutting the onion into julienne and the peppers in thin strips.
- We also cut the bacon slices and the mozzarella into pieces.
- Then we heat the oven to 190ºC, we line the tray with baking paper and to finish we brush it with olive oil.
- Now yes, with all the ingredients already prepared, cut the eggplant into slices no more than 1 centimeter thick.
- We place the sheets on the baking tray and we spread fried tomato on them.
- Then we distribute the onion and the peppers in strips on them.
- About vegetables we place the bacon strips and to finish, the mozzarella in pieces that we had reserved.
- Season, add a little oreganoIf we like it, we put it in the oven, placing the tray in the lower half.
- We cook at 190ºC with low heat for 10 minutes. Afterwards, we lower the temperature to 180ºC and bake with heat up and down until the aubergine pizzas are ready.