There are simple desserts that we can make at home to put the finishing touch to our lunches and dinners this Christmas. These almond and dark chocolate bonbons they are a great alternative for it. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside ... who can resist them?
Preparing them is very simpleAlthough if you do them in large quantities they will keep you entertained for a while. You will not regret having prepared them although he could assure you that they will last on the table much less than it took you to prepare them. More than one and two will ask for the recipe. Because who doesn't like some chocolates?
These are not traditional chocolates. They are prepared with a dough that is among its main ingredients Almond cream, pure cocoa and dates. It is, therefore, a relatively healthier recipe than a traditional one. Do you dare to prepare it? Perhaps seeing the simple step by step will encourage you to do so since the photos do not do them justice.
- 200 g of almond cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 10 g of defatted pure cocoa powder
- 7 pitted dates.
- 30 g. roasted almonds
- 10 hazelnuts (optional)
- 100 g of 85% dark chocolate.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- We put the dates to soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Time passed, we crush in the blender glass the almond cream, the cocoa powder, the sugar and six of the dates until they form a thick mixture that we can handle. Is it still very soft? Add one more date.
- We take small portions of dough - it is designed for 10 chocolates and we form balls introducing in each of them a hazelnut if we want.
- Then chop the toasted almonds so that there are small pieces to coat the chocolates in them.
- Once done we take the chocolates to the fridge so that they harden while we prepare the bath.
- For that, we melt the chocolate with the oil in the microwave at intervals of 20-30 seconds so that it does not burn.
- When we have the melted chocolate, we take the balls out of the fridge and we bathe them in the melted chocolate. You can do this by placing them on a rack on top of a small tray and dropping the chocolate on top.
- We let the excess chocolate drain and then we place them on a plate or tray with greaseproof paper and we take to the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Now it only remains to enjoy the almond and dark chocolate bonbons.