This was the last cake I made before my oven said enough. A vegan lemon pound cake which, without a doubt, I will do again when I have the new oven because, in addition to a remarkable citrus flavor, it has a spongy texture that makes it ideal to accompany coffee in the middle of the morning.
The ingredients are simple and how to proceed as well. It does not contain eggs or any other ingredient of animal origin so it can also be incorporated into a vegan diet. Everyone at home can enjoy it and it will become a great ally when you have guests.
It is a base cake that you can also transform into a delicious dessert on those occasions opening it and filling it with some cream or incorporating a frosting. I love the combination of lemon with cheese or chocolate, but surely you can come up with other ideas to make this cake a festive cake. Can we get down to business?
- 280 g. Of flour
- 80 g. of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 235 ml. almond drink or other plant drink (unsweetened)
- 70 ml. of extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of 2 lemons
- We preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease or line a mold with baking paper.
- We mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar, almond flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients: vegetable drink, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Next, we add the dry ingredients to the bowl of the wet ingredients and we mix until they are integrated.
- Then Pour the dough into the mold, we tap on the countertop to eliminate the bubbles and put it in the oven.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Once done, we turn off the oven and leave the cake inside with the door open for 15 minutes.
- Finally, we take the vegan lemon sponge cake out of the oven, unmold on a rack and let it cool completely before testing it.